If you are would like to save money on the cost of a site visit and consultation, it is possible to discuss your proposals over the phone or in an email, and for you to carry out a measured survey of your property yourself.
You will need a camera, a tape measure (or even better, a laser measuring device such as a disco), and a pen and paper.
- Start by taking a photograph of each elevation of your property.
- Next, measure the perimeter of the building
- If possible, take measurements of height of the windows from the ground and the window height as well as the height to the eaves.
- Roughly sketch the internal layout of the property and then measure each internal surface and door opening
- Measure the ceiling height in each room
Once you have done this for all the floor of your property, either scan in the drawings or take a photo of them on your phone, and email them to email@example.com.
We will then receive your drawings and information and get to work putting together professional CAD drawings.
If there are any further measurements that we require we will advise you.